SHRIMP STIR FRY

 Dinner: Shrimp, Onions & Asparagus Stir Fry





Dinner: Shrimp, Onions & Asparagus Stir Fry

Directions:
1. Can use frozen or fresh shrimp. If frozen, make sure to defrost a bit in cold water.
2. Chop up asparaguses into 4s and an onion into slices. 
3. Add any spices you'd like as well as a couple cloves of garlic (chopped) for taste.
4. Start by cooking the garlic and onions in olive oil.
*5. I experimented by adding a tsp of flour and a tsp of light margarine to thicken the sauce that was forming in order to create a type of garlic butter mixture. 
6. Add in shrimp and asparagus and more spices and mix altogether.
7. Let cook until asparagus is soft or if prepared with fresh shrimp, when shrimp is fully cooked. 
8. ENJOY!

Very simple recipe I made up that came out great. Garlic butter can be such a health trap but I think this alternative still gives off that same taste but without as many calories. I didn't include the flour and butter in the calorie count but this meal would yield approximately 4 servings therefore it would be an extra 7 calories each! (Nothing!)

I recommend this whenever you're feeling like a light, healthy dinner.
Happy Monday,
PS: Sorry for the blurry pictures! The steam was out of control! :)



1 comment

  1. Thank you so much for letting us know this Shrimp Stir Fry, I have a plan to cook this recipe on my Birthday because I know all of my visitors will like it. I'm sure to be back here for more recipes!. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete

©MyHealthyFashion 2015. Powered by Blogger.
© My Healthy Fashion
Maira Gall