10-MINUTE MASON JAR PASTA


As you may have noticed, I've been super busy and focused on school lately and unable to post as often as I'd like. As a result, I've had to improvise in making quick, healthy meals to support my clean eating lifestyle as best as I can.


A friend of mine brought a huge mason jar to school this week with noodles, veggies and a thick sauce and all I could think about was experimenting with that idea as soon as I got home. I opted for quinoa pasta in order to make this meal both gluten-free and less calories, ready made grilled chicken breast, and kept my jars to a 3 veggie maximum in order for this meal to be time efficient.

The result? Lunch for the week! Check out the recipe below. Note that you can swap in different vegetables, protein and even sauce to change it up to your preferences.


MASON JAR PASTA

Recipe by Alicia Lamore
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups quinoa pasta
  • 2 cup pre-cooked chicken breast
  • 2 small zucchinis (Spiralized)
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 3/4 cup chopped parsley
  • 4 tbsp thai peanut sauce
  • 4 medium sized mason jars
Cooking Directions
  1. Cook quinoa pasta as directed on the package.
  2. Chop up chicken and add it to a pan on medium heat. Can spray pan with coconut oil or olive oil spray. Add in 2 tbsp of peanut sauce and let cook for 5 mins.
  3. Wash and chop all of your vegetables and set aside. I included thinly sliced peppers, zucchini cut with a Spiralizer and chopped parsley.
  4. Once pasta is cooked, prep your 4 mason jars with 3/4 cups of pasta, 1/2 cup of teriyaki chicken and top off with your sliced peppers, zucchini and parsley. The jars should be stuffed to the top. I drizzled the remaining 1/2 tbsp of peanut sauce over each jar and sealed them for the night.

Have a productive week! Thanks for reading.

©MyHealthyFashion 2015. Powered by Blogger.
© My Healthy Fashion
Maira Gall